Job Title: Android Developer
Location: London, Walking distance from London Bridge
We are working with an exciting client based near London Bridge that is looking for an Android developer to join their mobile team, continue development of the SDK that allows their customers to use their services within their apps, and maintain the public app store release. The role also involves building bespoke custom apps that use their SDK, and occasionally working on greenfield R&D projects.
About the role
Day to day, you’ll usually be working from our friendly London based office with 2-3 other developers working on the project. The team is mostly self-organising with a flat-ish management structure, with regular syncs and good communication processes to ensure nobody gets stuck. There is steering from the leadership team when needed, but other than that, we should be able to trust whoever’s working on something to do things well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop technical and business skills in a fast growing startup and to exchange knowledge and skills with a passionate and experienced team.
● Solid commercial experience developing native Android apps in Java
● Familiarity with Android Studio & Gradle
● Understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs
● Understanding of design patterns (MVP/MVVM etc)
● Knowledge of RxJava
● Experience in unit testing (e.g. Mockito) and working with CI (Continuous Integration) It would be an additional great if you had the following too!
● Knowledge of Android camera APIs (camera & camera2)
● Any experience in video processing apps (filtering, face recognition, etc)
● Familiarity with OpenGL
● Understanding of video encoding (H.264, MediaCodec APIs)
● Understanding of building Android library projects (AAR/Maven)
● Knowledge of Kotlin
● Any iOS development experience About you
• Good interpersonal skills (at all levels) with the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
• You should be happy to take initiative in your tasks and be relatively self-organising.
• Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
• The right to work in the EU
Please send us your CV with salary expectations to email@example.com
|Job Category||English, IT Roles|